Why is earthquake preparedness important in Utah?
Utah has experienced damaging earthquakes in the past and geologic evidence indicates that earthquakes larger than any experienced locally in historical time are likely in the future.
We must prepare for earthquakes because:
- Utah is a seismically active region
- A majority of Utah’s population is concentrated in the areas of greatest hazard
- Many of Utah’s older buildings and lifelines have low earthquake resistance
This guide explains what to do before, during and after and earthquake with all the latest information about Utah’s earthquake threat.
Earthquake Preparedness Information
- Duck, Cover and Hold!
- Tips For Preparing Children
- Tips For The Elderly
- Preparing Your Family for An Earthquake
- How To Secure Your Furniture
- Tips for Apartment and Mobile Home Managers
- Organizing Your Neighborhood
- Tips For Pet Owners
- Tips For The Physically Challenged